The Independent Heath Complaints Advocacy Service can help individuals make a complaint about a National Health Service (NHS), which covers all NHS funded treatment, this includes NHS hospitals, GP’s, Ambulance Services, District Nurses, Mental Health Services, Dentists, Pharmacists or Opticians. The service is free, confidential and independent to the NHS.
Their advocates will:
- Give individuals an opportunity to speak confidentially to someone who is independent of the NHS
- Take time to listen to the individuals experience
- Talk with the individual about what support they need to make their complaint
- Provide information about the different ways that they can raise their concerns
- Help individuals to think about what they would like to achieve from their complaint.
- Help with writing letters of complaint
- Attend meetings with them to support them with their complaint.
This service will support individuals to be aware of their options to reach a realistic outcome where possible. Please contact this service via:
For more information about the service please see the attached leaflet, poster or visit their website: https://www.pohwer.net/london-ihcas. To view an easy read version of their leaflet please follow the link.