Where do I start?

There are many mental health services available in Camden.  If you or someone you care for is experiencing mental health problems this service directory will make it easier to find support. 

Start with using the search feature on the homepage.
Type in anything, from how you're feeling, thoughts you might be having or help you are looking for.
You'll instantly be able to see problems and services that are available. Click on those links for more information
Maybe you are living with stress, depression or anxiety and need some support?
Camden has a number of options if you are experiencing negative feelings about yourself, and struggling with day-to-day activities. You may like to speak to your GP about the services available and which one might be most suitable for you. You can also self-refer to a number of services, including face-to-face and online therapies, such as IESO and Big White Wall.
Talking therapies can help you to develop new ways to cope with some of your more difficult feelings.
Looking after Yourself

There’s so much that we can do in our daily lives to make us more resilient to life’s ups and downs. Connecting with otherstaking a bit more exercisestimulating the braingiving, and paying more attention to the present moment all aid good mental wellbeing. And now www.mentalhealthcamden.co.uk makes it much easier to find what’s available in the borough, with details of local community centres and specialist groups, clubs and courses, workshops and volunteering opportunities. Many of these are free or low-cost, and some might be taking place just around the corner from where you live! 

I am experiencing serious difficulties
Are you experiencing significant difficulties or distress that are having a large impact on your life and relationships? Your GP may refer you to more specialised services. This may involve a meeting with the assessment and advice team at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust who will make recommendations for further treatment, which could include speaking with a psychiatrist, being visited at home or possibly a hospital stay. You may also need support to manage your day-to-day life, in which case you might be referred to Adult Social Care.
Making connections

Some people who are experiencing mental health problems will feel isolated. There are a wide range of community-based activities and groups that you can get involved in. Services which are 'peer supported' will be led by those who can call upon their own real-life experiences to support and guide you.



Advocacy - when you need a helping hand to find your 'voice'

If you feel that you are not being listened to, you may find it helpful to contact a local advocacy service. An advocate is independent of both social services and the NHS, and may go to meetings with you, help you to find the information you need, speak on your behalf or write letters for you. 

I feel like I am at breaking point

Visit the page Get help now if you or someone who know is in crisis.