Hopscotch AWC provides support services for Asian women and other minority women and their families on a wide range of issues including domestic violence, training, employment, housing and welfare benefits. Advisors speak Bengali, Sylheti, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic and French. Our services include:
- Equip - a service which provides confidence building, employment support, mentoring services, job search and Interview skills to women who are based in Camden, Westminster and Brent. Please contact us via phone or email for more details.
- Advice, Information and Advocacy - a range of interventions to support members of the Bangladeshi community in Camden
- Homecare Service - specialist and multi-lingual domiciliary care for BAME communities particularly South Asian in Camden and surrounding areas
- Older Women’s Group - enabling older Bangladeshi women to become more active citizens through participation in community activities
- Domestic Violence Support - if you feel intimidated by or frightened of your partner or a family member or if you know of anyone in that situation
- Learning Disability Advocacy - advocacy services for Bangladeshi adults with learning disabilities
Hopscotch also offers a bi weekly Legal advice drop in services provided by an individual from the Mary Ward Legal Centre. This can be booked via phone.
Finally, Hopscotch also offers a youth group for young Asian women aged 12-17, which provides a safe space for these women to express themselves, and offers activities like sport, trips, discussions and debates. This has moved to online meetings during the COVID crisis. Hopscotch also provides a 1-2-1 mentoring service for these women, to discuss any matter with trained professionals. Information on both these services can be found on our website, or via phone/email.
Visit the website for full details
Telephone, email and Friday drop-in service
We constantly create opportunities to recruit volunteers, particularly those who need work experience and/or references to start applying for jobs.