Listening Books has a huge library of audiobooks and are open to any one (adult and child) who lives in the UK and has a mental health condition. People can listen at their PC or via an app on a phone or tablet.
How Audiobooks Can Benefit People With Mental Health Conditions
- They can help rest a busy mind
- They can calm feelings of anxiety
- They can be used for much needed down time
- They can help clear and focus your mind on just one thing
- They can help to quiet that inner voice and mute the internal dialogue
- If people are feeling negative, angry or upset they can choose an uplifting or humorous audiobook to distract from feelings of emotional pain
- They give you the opportunity to relax your eyes, while you listen instead
- A learning tool, people can listen to books about a certain condition
- They can be used as a sleep aid to relax a whirring mind
Why Listening Books?
- Over 9000 audiobooks
- No long wait times
- We are a charity
- Heavily subsidised membership fee - and free memberships available to those that need them!
- Audiobooks that cover the National Curriculum and a growing health and wellbeing section
- Podcasts, author interviews, competitions and more
- Access to 1000's of newspapers and magazines that you can see and listen to at no extra fee
- Online (FB) book group
Visit our website to see more www.listening-books.org.uk