Camden Council is asking for their residents aged 18 and over to provide their views on the new proposal to redesign and improve the Mental Health Supported Accommodation Pathway
The Mental Health Supported Accommodation Pathway
This pathway provides services for those who would require support to live after being discharged from hospital, providing assisted accommodation for varying levels.
The current model:
- Has 4 different levels which means residents may move up to 4 times before settling into their own accommodation.
Changes being proposed to the accommodation pathway will:
- Reduce number of empty places and cost while improving quality of provision
- Make better use of assistive technology, such as smart phones and self-care equipment
- Reduce the time that residents spend in supporting living accommodation and the number of times a resident moves
- A reduction in the number of levels in the pathway from four to two
- Will consist of two levels:
- High support, with staff available around the clock
- Low support with staff available 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday (as well as weekends, if needed).
- Stop commissioning Low Support Services, which would reduce the number of places in the pathway by 12%
- Increase our offer of floating support
This consultation will run from 25th January to Midnight on 10th March 2019, with drop-in opportunity to discuss the proposals with commissioners on 22nd February 2019.
For more information please visit: https://consultations.wearecamden.org/supporting-communities/mental-health-supported-living-redesign/
Event: Consultation Drop-in Afternoon
22 Feb 2019 1pm to 4pm
Camden Council is holding a consultation event at the Crowndale Centre. This will be an opportunity to discuss the proposed models and the timetable for the Mental Health Supported Accommodation Pathway with commissioners.
Paper copies of the consultation information and response form will also be available.
For more information please contact the Mental Health Commissioning at 02079741432 or email Morelda.Nanton@camden.gov.uk.
218 Eversholt St,
London NW1 1BD