Mind in Camden has organised a course that will provide a space for staff to explore ways of understanding and supporting people who self-harm in forensic and detention settings.
Topics covered include:
- What is self-harm and why might someone do it?
- The relationship between self-harm, emotions and traumatic life events
- Ways of safely opening up conversations about self-harm
- Coping strategies for those who want to stop or reduce their self-harm
- Self-care strategies for staff
This workshop is free for those who work in an Immigration Removal Centre, Prison or Forensic Unit (medium-high secure). For more information and to book your ticket please follow the link provided.