This session is for people who work frequently with children and their families, it is essential that your organisation has up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding legislation and child protection procedures.
This is an advanced course and is designed to develop an existing understanding of the safeguarding process through a variety of written text, case studies and interactive exercises.
Suitable for anyone who has attended safeguarding training previously and would like to update their knowledge and skills further, including volunteers and workers of all levels.
The training will cover the following:
- Department for Education’s updated statutory guidance
- Myth Busting & Social Care
- Awareness of current issues / Understanding emerging forms of abuse.
- Safeguarding awareness & assessing need: Race, culture, gender and ability.
- Dealing with disclosures
- Safeguarding in Camden, thresholds and the role of professionals.
To find out more book email Dianne Carlton-Ogunyemi